Thursday 30 May 2013

Prologue


Therefore will I cast you out of this land...



 Into a land that ye know not...


 And there shall ye serve other gods day and night...


And you shall be shown no favour...



 Until the deed is done.




"Rose?"

The little girl looked up at the hunter, curiosity plain on her features.

"Will you accompany me please?"




"But the animals..."

"They will be fine for now, will you follow me?"

She frowned slightly, knowing she may get into trouble if the animals were not put away, but the hunters soft but insistent voice swayed her.





 She followed him for what seemed like an age, her little heart beating and her breathing ragged. Just as she was beginning to stumble and wonder where he was taking her he turned and knelt before her.

"Do you trust me?"

She was surprised by the question, her eyebrows raising and her lips parting slightly.

"With my life, as I have always done."



He looks sad for a moment, then nods slightly, determination crossing his features.

"Then I must save you, to do so we must go far away from here."

"But why?"

She did not understand, her child's brain wondering why he seemed so upset.

A sad smile spread over his face as he stood and picked her up.



"The world is a cruel place...One day, you will change that."













5 comments:

  1. Well worth the kicking ^_^ I look forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chapter one will most definitely be up tomorrow night at the latest :)

      Delete
  2. EEP! I just love this so much. it's so perfect!

    I can't wait for what comes next and I am totally stoked that you decided to do a legacy. - Abby

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love it! keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowzas, these look amazing. Your skills at photography are great. I haven't even read a word yet because I'm just sitting here, admiring the images. So purty.

    ReplyDelete